Thursday, April 23, 2020

He Calls Us Friends

I want to start off by saying hello to everyone. I hope that you are all well and safe. I am getting a little writing work, and I am thankful to the Lord for what He has provided. I am still working in a grocery store, and I am glad to have a job.

Let us all keep praying for an end to the coronavirus pandemic. Pray that those who are sick will make a speedy recovery. Many have lost friends and loved ones, so let us pray for comfort for those who mourn.

Today, I would like us to focus our attention on the words of Jesus found in John 15:15 that states, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father I have made known to you."

There are two different things that I want us to focus on in this verse. First of all, we are friends because we know what Jesus' business is. We know what the Lord is doing, because He has made it known to us. For instance, the Lord had told us that He wants everyone to come to repentance. He wants people everywhere to accept His love and forgiveness. He had called us His friends to work with Him to bring the good news of His love to the world.

The Lord has also made known to us the future plans that He has for us and for this world. Those who place their faith and trust in the Lord in this life will be with Jesus for all eternity. We know that Jesus will one day return to this planet to rule and reign in righteousness.

The second thing that I would like to focus on is that it is awesome to consider the fact that the King of Glory asks us to be His friends. He has offered us eternal life, and He has told us that He will never leave us, and He will never forsake us.

Next week, Lord willing , I will post again about the words of Jesus. In the near future, I hope to have a better computer and internet access. At that time, we will resume a normal blog schedule and pick back up with our Daniel sermon series. May God bless you all. Amen.

No comments: