Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Recommendations And Something To Look Forward To

 I want to start today's post by relating to you something that I am looking forward to. This coming Sunday, an all new broadcast of All Creatures Great And Small will start airing on Masterpiece Theatre in the United States. One of my favorite programs of all time is All Creatures Great And Small that aired in the 70's and 80's. This series featured Christopher Timothy as James Herriot and Robert Hardy as Siegfried Farnon. I don't know if the new program will be as good as the old program, but I am certainly going to be watching it. 

For those of you who might not know, James Herriot is my favorite author. I've read his books over and over again several times. I hope that the new series will capture the magic of the books. From what I understand from those in the UK that have already viewed the series, the new program if very good. 

Now, I want to recommend a couple of items. I've been rereading a book called the Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey. I recommend this to you as a great book about who Jesus is and about what He did while He was here on this earth. 

For those looking for something fun to read, I recommend the three Citizen Dog cartoon books that are available. I've read these many times, and they always help me to feel better about the day. 

No comments: