Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Reviews And Recommendations

     As most who follow this blog know, my favorite author is James Herriot. I was looking forward to the new All Creatures Great and Small series on PBS. I began watching the series, and I reviewed the first couple of episodes here on the blog. After watching more of the series, I have to say that I was very disappointed in the program. The classic series that aired in the 70s and 80s  that starred Christopher Timothy as James Herriot is much better. Robert Hardy had the role of Siegfried Farnon played to perfection in that series. If you get the chance to watch that series, please do so. It is among my favorite television programs of all time. Better yet, read the books. The book that James Herriot's son wrote about his father is also very good. 

     PBS had an interesting series of programs on recently that dealt with the life of Ernest Hemingway. While I am not a big fan of his books, the series by Ken Burns was interesting, and I recommend it. 

     I've been reading a lot more lately. In the coming weeks, I will be providing reviews here on the blog on mystery books, dog books and animal books. I might even review a religious book or two. Thank you for reading the blog. 

No comments: