Friday, December 31, 2021

Weekend Sermon -- My Hope For The New Year

         Thank you for taking the time to read the sermon this week. I hope that everyone is healthy and enjoying a happy holiday season. 

     For the last message of this year, I want to write briefly about what some of my hopes are for the year that will soon be upon us. First of all, I definitely hope that 2022 brings an end to the coronavirus pandemic. There have been many who have been infected, and thousands have died as a result of this pandemic. I hope that people all over the world will be able to get the vaccine and the boosters needed. I pray that coronavirus will cease to be a major problem in 2022. 

     Another thing that I am hoping for in 2022 is that those who are Christians will take more time to practice important spiritual disciplines. I am definitely including myself in this. I challenge all of us who know Jesus as Savior and Lord to spend more time with Him in prayer each day. If you are not praying once daily, I encourage you to begin a prayer practice. If you are praying daily, I hope that you will consider praying twice a day. The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. This means that we are ready to bring our needs and the needs of others to the Lord at any moment. We are praying throughout the day. 

     I also hope that we will give thanks to the Lord more in 2022. Often, we ask things of the Lord, and then when He blesses us, we don't say thank you. Let each of us make a concerted effort to give thanks to the Lord for all that He has done.

    Reading and studying the Bible is another important spiritual discipline that I hope we will do more of in 2022. I hope that you are reading the Bible at least once a day. I know that I want to spend more time with in depth study of the Word of God in 2022. 

    I hope that all of us who follow Jesus as Lord will make the commitment in 2022 to work as hard as we can to tell others about the love of Jesus. Jesus told all of us to go into the world and make disciples. In 2022, let each of us strive to tell our friends, neighbors and family members what Jesus has done for us, and what He can do in their lives if they will call upon His name. 

     My great hope for the year to come is that Jesus will return in power and great glory. He may come before 2022 even roles around. The world is filled with violence and evil. I long for Jesus to come and restore all things. He promised that He would come and establish His kingdom that will have no end. I hope that 2022 will not go too far without Jesus coming. I'm not trying to set a date or make a prediction. I am just saying that I hope that Jesus will come soon. 

     Finally, I hope that in this next year that the Lord will give me the messages that I need to post here on the blog. I hope that you will continue to read the messages, and that they will be meaningful to you. Thank you for joining me on the blog this year. We went through the book of James, and we spent 31 days in the book of Proverbs, among other things. I hope that we will learn a lot more about the Lord and His Word in 2022. Happy New Year. Amen

Prayer Requests

     I have something that I would like you to pray about. My area is supposed to have a major winter storm this Friday night into Saturday. Please pray that it won't be bad. Please pray that there won't be much if any freezing rain. Thank you. 

     Please continue to pray for those suffering from the effects of natural disasters in this world. Pray that they will receive the aid that they need. 

     Let us all pray for peace in this world. Afghanistan, Myanmar, Ethiopia and Yemen really need our prayers. 

     For our prayer focus countries, let us pray for those in the nations of Albania and Azerbaijan. Pray that many will come to know about the love of Jesus. 

     Next week, I will post the verses on Monday. I will try to post a review midweek. I hope to post more reviews this year. On Friday, I will post the message. We will begin a new series starting next week. May God bless you all. 

No comments: