Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Review

     As most of you who read this blog know, I like animal books.  I especially like books about dogs.  The book I am reviewing today is called, "A Dog's History of the World'  written by Laura Hobgood-Oster.  I reviewed another one of her books here on the blog in the past.  Ms. Hobgood-Oster is a professor of religion at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas.
     This was an interesting book.  The author details the way that humans and dogs developed together.  According to the author, it is possible that dog's have been companions with humans for over 25,000 years.  The chapter on dogs and religion is especially good. 
     I would recommend this book for those who want to know more about how the human and dog relationship developed.  Most dog lovers will enjoy this book.

No comments: