Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Recommendation and Some Random Thoughts

    First of all, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  I hope that 2015 brings much happiness and joy to all of you who read the blog.  I have several reviews planned for the upcoming months.
    I also have some new series planned for the Weekend Sermon.  After we conclude our series about kings, I think that I will begin a series of messages on I Peter.  I also would like to do a series of messages on the parables of Jesus.  I may do a series on another of the Minor Prophets, possibly Micah or Amos.  It is all dependent on the leading of the Lord.
     2014 was an interesting year for me to say the least.  At the beginning of the year, I was sick and on the verge of homelessness.  Writing work was scarce, and I could not find another job.  In February,  the Lord provided a job, and I worked at that job until November.  That job helped me get back on my feet a little bit.  Thankfully, although the old job is sadly over, Jesus has provided a new job starting in mid-January.  Writing also has picked up nicely over the course of the year.
     It is my goal in 2015 to sell the house and pay off the debts that I have.  If there is any money left, I will save it to help finance my ministry I want to start.  I hope to sell much of what I own, and then work a couple of years or so at the new job.  This will give me the funds to finance a mission trip or a larger ministry whichever way Jesus leads.
     In matters spiritual, 2014 had its ups and downs.  I am still looking for a good church to attend on a regular basis.  Much effort will be put into this in 2015.  I don't believe that I made the most of all of the witnessing opportunities at my old job.  I feel badly about this.  I have definitely remedied this at the part-time job I have now, and I will endeavor to be a much more faithful witness at my new job.  I will strive to continue to spread the message of the love of Jesus on this blog.
     I had great fun writing the blog in 2014.  I really enjoyed doing the Weekend Sermon series on the miracles of Jesus, and I am currently enjoying the series on kings.  We also did a series on Hebrews.  We had a lot of good books to review this year as well.  Sometime in 2015, I will have a post on my animal book of the year.
     Now on to the recommendation.   Last week, I saw a fantastic DVD called "Lost Land of the Tiger".  This was a National Geographic video that focused on the search for tigers in the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.  Dr. Alan Rabinowitz of Panthera led a group of scientists as they sought out tigers.  The scientists used camera traps and visual observation to locate tigers.  They even used a specially trained Labrador retriever to sniff out tiger poop.  I won't tell you what they discovered.  You will have to look at the DVD to find that out.  I highly recommend this DVD.
     Once again, Happy New Year to all.  May God bless you.  Thanks for reading the blog in 2014.
     
   

No comments: