Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book Review -- Dog Book

     The book I would like to review today is called "The Great Grisby" and this book's author is Mikita Brottman.  In this book, the author writes about the dog and owner bond through the centuries.  Some of the famous people and their dogs that the author discusses are Sigmund Freud, Prince Albert, Thomas Hardy and Alexander the Great.  Interspersed with these stories of famous dog and owner pairs are the author's stories of the bond she shared with her French bulldog, Grisby.
     This is a rare thing for me, but I didn't have strong feelings for this book one way or the other.  If I was rating on a five star scale, this book would be a two or a two and one half.
     Reading about the famous people and their dogs was interesting, but I have read better books on this subject.  One book that I would recommend is "The Pawprints of History" by Stanley Coren. His book goes into greater detail, and the writing is better.
     People who like French bulldogs will enjoy this book due to the many nice stories about Grisby.  This was my favorite part of the book.
     

No comments: