Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book Review

     I am currently in the process of finishing up several good books that I am reading including a good dog book and a couple of religious books.  In the coming weeks, I will post reviews of the these books.
     Today, I just want to give a few recommendations of some books that I read several years ago, but I do not believe that I have mentioned them here on the blog.
     "My Life in Dog Years" by Gary Paulsen is the story of the important dogs that helped to shape this very famous author's life.  Paulsen tells the reader about the dogs who made a difference for him.  One of these dogs was a big Labrador that didn't belong to Paulsen, but he was important to the young Paulsen anyway.  The tales of Paulsen's border collie are great.  
     Gary Paulsen has written another excellent book called "Winter Dance" about his effort to compete in the Iditarod sled dog race.
     "Vet in the Vestry" and "Poultry in the Pulpit" are both written by the Reverend Alexander Cameron.  For over a decade, Cameron worked as a veterinary surgeon in Scotland.  Later in life, he went to seminary and became a Church of Scotland minister.  In these books, the author recounts stories of his time as a veterinarian and stories from his time as a minister.  Both books are very well done, and I highly recommend both of these books.
     "Most of My Patients are Under the Bed" is written by Dr. Louis Camuti.  Dr. Camuti was a veterinarian specializing in the treatment of cats.  His practice involved making house calls to his patients.  In this entertaining work, Dr. Camuti recounts the antics of his feline patients and their owners.

No comments: