Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thank You Lord

     Today is the birthday of my friend Toby.  I miss him everyday, but I especially miss him on special days like this.  I want to thank the Lord Jesus for allowing me to have so many good years with Toby.  I know that we will be together again someday.
     Toby loved chicken, so on his birthday, we always made sure that he received a nice portion of chicken.  As far as he was concerned, that was the best birthday present that he could possibly receive.
     I was just thinking yesterday about all of the people that the Lord has used the story of Toby to reach.  I've posted the book about Toby here on the blog, and people from all over the world read it.  I also was able to publish a Christmas story about Toby and a story about him in an anthology of dog stories.  I've had the privilege to write several devotional pieces for The Upper Room.  One of these pieces featured Toby.  This particular piece was translated into several different languages including Hungarian, Estonian, Korean, Swedish and Cantonese.  It went on to be republished in a Christian magazine in Singapore.
     I just think that it is amazing how the Lord can use the relationship that I had with Toby to reach people around the world.  Once again, thank you Lord.  Happy birthday my friend.

No comments: