Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Thoughts

     I just have a couple of things that I want to post about today.  First of all, I want to thank the Lord for allowing me to be able to get my financial situation in better order.  Things were very bleak for a long time, but progress is definitely being made.  I also want to thank the Lord for allowing me to write on this blog every week, and I want to thank Him for the fact that many people from around the world have read the sermons I post here.
     I am still having trouble with my old house, and I would like to ask everyone to pray about a bad situation I am experiencing.  My house has a bad foundation that I tried to get fixed to little avail.  When it rains heavily, the water gets under the house and floods my garage.  Last week with all of the rain we have had here in the Midwest, the garage and crawlspace got some water in them.  It wasn't horrible, but its not good either.  Please pray that with all of the rain forecast for today that I won't have a problem.  I don't really know what to do at this point.  I can't get time off from work to monitor the water all day. If the water gets up into the house, I won't have a place to live.  If I lose my job, I will be in a real mess, so I have to go in and just pray that all will be OK when I get home tonight.
     My problem is nothing compared to what is happening with the people in Oklahoma and Texas.  Please pray that these folks will be able to recover and make it through.
     I often wonder why everything has to be so hard all of the time.  I often get depressed at times like these, and I have struggled with depression for many years.  This goes back to my early teen years.  One reason that I developed such a good friendship with Toby was that when he came, I felt most of my depression lift away, and I was very happy for over a decade while he was with me.  When he passed away, I was in my late 20s.  I had another dog for three years whose name was Colm.  He died of leukemia when he was three, and my depression came back with a vengeance.  I haven't had another dog since then.
     When my Mom was sick and we were taking care of her, I felt like that I was doing something important, and I didn't really experience a deep depression.  However, when my folks both passed away, I went into a deep depression.
      Over the last few months, my depression has lifted, and I really feel like I was doing much better.  I feel very depressed again, however.  All of these problems with the house and a job that is hard to go to and not feeling well are getting me down again.
     I am not sharing these things to make anyone feel sorry for me.  I would just ask that you please pray for me.  It is only with the Lord Jesus' help that I have made to where I am today.  By trusting in Him and relying on Him, I have made it to this point.
     Serving the Lord helps me to not be terribly depressed.  Writing on this blog really helps me.  I love doing the sermons and the book reviews.  I have also had the privilege to serve the Lord through my writing and through music.
     I guess what I am saying is that life feels hard again right now, and I ask for your prayers.  Just when things start looking up, bad things start again.  This cycle is getting tiresome.
     Enough about that.
     In the weeks to come, Lord willing, I have some ideas for the blog.  After we finish the series in I Peter, I think that I want to spend a lot of time studying themes in the Gospel of John.  I would like to do a series on the signs of Jesus' divinity in John, and I would like to do a series on the "I am" statements of Jesus in John.
     Not too many people read the posts for the verses of the week, so I am considering posting something else on Mondays.  I think that the verses are important though, so I will have to think about this for awhile. Maybe I will post a verse and an inspirational quotation.
     I pray everyday for those who read this blog, and I thank you for your prayers and support.  May God bless you all.  Amen.
   

No comments: