Monday, August 17, 2015

Verses For The Week -- Verses From Isaiah

Isaiah 49:1-3 -- "Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations; before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother's womb he has spoken my name.  He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.  He said to me, ' You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.'"

Isaiah 51:16 -- "I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand --- I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, 'You are my peace.'"

Isaiah 66:12-13 -- "For this is what the Lord says, "I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees.  As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

No comments: