Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Book Recommendation

     Today, I am not posting a book review as such.  Since we have been looking at the "I Am" statements of Jesus in the book of John in the Weekend Sermons for the last few weeks, I decided to recommend a small commentary on the book of John that I like.
     "John" is a one-volume commentary written by Everett Harrison and it is published as part of the Everyman Bible Commentary Series put out by Moody Press.  This little commentary is easy to read and understand no matter how well-versed someone is in Bible study.  This is a good commentary series in its entirety.  There is a volume for every book in the Old and New Testament, and I have found all of them to be of excellent quality.
    For those looking for a good one-volume commentary on the Bible, I recommend the Wycliffe Bible Commentary.  For those looking for in-depth commentary series, I would recommended the New International Commentary Series.   I also like the Matthew Henry Commentary and Wesley's Notes on the New Testament.
     There are also several good study Bibles on the market.  I like the Nelson Study Bible the best.  For a more liberal perspective, I read the Oxford Study Bible.

No comments: