Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Book Review -- 2 History Books and A Cat Book

     Today I would like to recommend two history books that I have enjoyed reading and a cat book that I like a lot that I may have mentioned here on the blog before, but I can't remember if I did or not.
     The first history book that I would like to recommend in called, "Hermits" written by Peter France.  In this book, the author explores those who have lived a solitary existence for a variety a reasons.  There is good material in this book about the early monastic movements.
     The second book that I am recommending is entitled, "The Lives of the Popes" written by Richard McBrien.  I have found this to be an excellent historical resource over the years.  All the popes through Benedict XVI have biographies in this book.  I believe that the author's treatment of the popes of the Middle Ages is very well done and interesting.
     Finally, I have been reading once again a cat book that I really enjoy.  "All of My Patients Are Under the Bed" is written by a famous cat veterinarian named Louis Camuti.  Dr. Camuti was the first veterinarian in the United States to limit his practice to cats only.  This great book details how Dr. Camuti began practicing veterinary medicine and how he developed his unique cat practice.  There are some humorous and touching stories in the pages of this volume.
   

No comments: