Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Book Review -- A Good Poetry Book

First of all, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Today, I would like to recommend a good poetry book that I have just finished.  This book is entitled "Felicity" written by the poet Mary Oliver.  Mary Oliver is one of my favorite contemporary poets.  Her poetry is very accessible.  This particular volume is divided into three sections called, "Journey," "Love," and "Felicity".

Most of the poems in the book are one page long.  My two favorite poems in this volume are "I Wake Close to Morning" and "Nothing is Too Small Not to be Wondered About."

Besides this volume, I would recommend all of the poetry books available from Mary Oliver.

P.S.  Just a reminder, the sermon will not appear until Saturday this week.  This also depends on the weather, as freezing rain is anticipated from Friday through Sunday.

No comments: