Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Book Review -- A Dog Book and A Religion Book

    Before I start today's reviews, I just wanted to thank the Lord for letting the bad storms pass by without too much problem.  I am praying that the storms predicted for tonight do not materialize.  I also want to thank the Lord that I was able to get my car repaired this week with no problems.
     I want to recommend two different books in today's post.  The first book is a book of dog stories called, "Good Dogs Doing Good."  I may have reviewed this book a couple of years ago.  I saw this book in my bookshelf the other day, and I couldn't remember a single thing about it.  So, I read it again.
    This is a book with 20 or so stories dealing with how dogs helped people with difficulties in their lives.  This is a good book.  Some of the stories are better than others, but overall it makes for nice reading about dogs.
     The other book I would like to recommend is "The Collected Sermons of Dietrich Bonhoeffer."  This book published by Fortress Press contains several interesting sermons by a man who is best known as a theologian and not a preacher.  Bonhoeffer did have two brief periods when he was an assistant pastor and a pastor though.
    If you have read any of Bonhoeffer's theology books, and I would recommend those as well, you will certainly want to read this collection of interesting sermons.

No comments: