Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Book Recommendations

    I am currently reading some good dog books that I will be reviewing on the blog in the upcoming weeks.  For today's post, I just wanted to give a couple of recommendations regarding some animal books that I have enjoyed over the years.
    The book that really caused me to become engaged in wildlife conservation and caring for the environment was "Tiger: Portrait of a Predator" by Valmik Thapar.  Mr. Thapar has also written several other tiger books including "The Secret Life of Tigers"
    I would also recommend all of the wildlife books written by George Schaller and Alan Rabinowitz.  They have written extensively about tigers, lions, jaguars and a host of other animals.  John Seidensticker is another author who has written books about tigers that I've enjoyed.
     For those like me who love elephants, Cynthia Moss and Raman Sukumar have written good books about this magnificent species.
     These are just a few of the authors and books about animals that I've enjoyed over the years.  I hope that you will read some of these, or some other good wildlife books.  I hope that they will make you think about how wonderful these animals are.  We need to make sure that these animals are protected and that they will continue to thrive on this planet.  
   
   

No comments: