Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Book Review -- Hero: Hurricane Rescue

     Before I begin the book review, I would like to ask everyone to pray that the storms expected for my area over the next two days will not be bad.  We have had storms upon storms this year.  I thank you for your prayers on my behalf.

     The book that I am reviewing today is the sequel to a book I reviewed earlier on the blog.  "Hero:  Hurricane Rescue" by Jennifer Li Shotz tells the continuing story of a boy named Ben and his dog Hero.  Hero was the police dog that had worked with Ben's Dad on the Gulfport police force.  When it was time for Hero to retire, Hero became Ben's pet.
     In the first book, Hero helped Ben and his friends to break up a dog fighting ring.  In this book, Hero and Ben must locate a missing friend who has ventured into the forest during a hurricane.
     This book is full of adventure, and the author keeps the story and the excitement moving.  As in the first book, Hero proves to be a remarkable dog who is able to help his comrades out of many dangerous situations.
     This is a well-written book geared towards those who are about 10 years old and up.  There is nothing objectionable in either book, and I would recommend the Hero books for those who like adventure stories and stories about heroic dogs.

No comments: