Thursday, June 22, 2017

Some Various Thoughts

     If a person can have a favorite verse in the Bible, I think that I have two.  Hebrews 13:8 is a very important verse to me.  It states, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."  To me, this means that the way that Jesus acted in the New Testament is the same way that He is today.  The promises Jesus made while He was here on earth are valid now and will be in the future.
     I've been going through a very hard time the last few weeks.  As I've mentioned before, I've had problems with depression since my teenage years.  By God's grace, I've been able to make it through. One of the promises that Jesus made was that He would never leave us and He would never forsake us.  I am grateful to the Lord that He had been near me and helping me to make it through these last few days.  I do not know where I would be without Jesus in my life.  He is my Lord and Savior, and He is the one who sustains me throughout each day. I am thankful that He is always with me.
     I am also thankful for the fact that Jesus provides us with people and animals to help us to make it through life.  Jesus knows when we need a friend.
      My other favorite verses are found in John 11:25-26 where Jesus speaks about the fact that He is the resurrection and the life.  I know that those whom I have loved here on earth are now in Heaven with the Lord Jesus.  I know that one day I will be reunited with them all because Jesus conquered death, hell and the grave through His glorious resurrection.
     I hope that you all have a favorite verse or verses that you can reflect upon that help you through life and help you in your walk with the Lord.

     On another note.  There are some bad storms in the southern part of the United States right now.  Please be in prayer for those who are affected by these storms.  Also, please be in prayer for the people in Portugal affected by the forest fires.

      There are supposed to be some potentially bad storms once again in my area.  I would ask that you please pray that these would not be too bad in my area.  Thank you always for your prayers.

   

No comments: