Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Book Review -- Strays

     The book that I am reviewing today left me feeling happy and sad at the same time.  I will let you read the book to find out why.
      The book begins when a homeless man named Michael finds a stray cat who is hurt and cold out in the rain.  Michael rescues the cat, and the two of them become good friends.  In fact, the cat who Michael names Tabor will travel with Michael from Oregon to California and Montana.  Tabor gives Michael something to care about.
      While Michael is traveling about with Tabor, another man is missing his cat named Mata back in Portland.  He is doing all that he can do to find his lost friend.
      Like I said, I will let you read the book and not give away what eventually happens.  I did enjoy reading this book for several reasons.  It is a good story about how an animal friend can make a big difference in someone's life.  I also liked reading the author's insights into what it is like to be homeless and on the road in America.
     I believe that adults will enjoy reading this book.  It is well-written and the story moves along quite well.

P.S. --- Please continue to pray for those affected by the hurricane and storms.

No comments: