Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Book Review -- "Toby Jug"

    The book that I am reviewing today is "Toby Jug" written by Denis O'Connor. This is a sequel to "Paw Prints in the Moonlight". I reviewed that book here on the blog as well, and I thought that it was an excellent book.
     Toby Jug was the name of a very special cat that belonged to the author. Denis found Toby Jug when he was a small kitten. All of that is detailed in the first book. In this sequel, the author focuses on one eventful year in his life with Toby Jug.
     In 1969, the author and his cat had a lot of adventures and some wonderful times together. One of the best chapters in the book tells about how the author and Toby helped a horse that was fearful. The horse got to know Denis, and eventually, he was able to ride the horse. Toby rode in a satchel on Denis' back, and all three went on riding adventures together.
     Another part of the book that I really enjoyed is the description of the Christmas that Denis and Toby spent together. From the descriptions provided by the author, I felt that I was right there as part of the festivities in Owl Cottage.
     I highly recommend this book. In the last chapter, Denis sums up his feelings about Toby Jug and their life together. It reminds me of my feelings about the Toby who was part of my life.


P.S. -- I want to make a prayer request. Tonight, there are tornadic and severe storms forecast for my area. Last night, there were several tornadoes to the west of me. Please pray that the storms are not severe and damaging. Please pray that we don't have any flooding. Thank you.

No comments: