Wednesday, May 30, 2018

DVD Recommendations

     I am in the midst of reading a good dog book, and I will have a review of that next week. In the meantime, I wanted to recommend some DVDs that I watched over the holiday weekend. I think I recommended one of these already, but its worth recommending again.

"Red Dog" is a movie about a dog who lived in Australia. It is loosely based on a true story. I think that this is one of the best dog movies that I've seen. It has humor, but it is also sad. The dog in this movie is an Australian Kelpie. These dogs are about the best herding dogs anyone will every come across.

"Red Dog: True Blue" is a prequel to "Red Dog". It tells the story of a boy who is sent to live on his grandpa's ranch in rural Australia. The boy finds a kelpie who he names blue. The two have many adventures together.

"Jeeves and Wooster"-- There are four seasons of "Jeeves and Wooster", and I believe that there were about 20 episodes in all. The acting by Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie in these programs is outstanding. These are lighthearted programs that are a lot of fun.

This is about what I did over the holiday weekend when I wasn't working in the yard. I was watching some of my favorite DVDs. If you get the chance, check out some of these programs.

No comments: