Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Revelation of Great Thanksgiving

     I don't usually post things on the weekends because I like to have the focus on the Weekend Sermon which I post on Friday. However, I felt like I needed to write about something that really came to me as a revelation about my life.
     Since my birthday earlier this month, I've been considering how my life has progressed so far. As I was thinking about my life and the goals that I had set out for my life, I came to the realization that the Lord has been so gracious to me. He has allowed me to accomplish and have in my life everything that I dreamed of. It has made me feel very thankful,
     When I was young, my desire was to be a minister. I wanted to go to Bible college and/or seminary. While I am not a pastor of a church as I thought I would be, the Lord has allowed me to be a minister for Him. One way that has happened is through this blog. Posting the sermons each week is a way to fulfill the calling that God has placed upon my life. Another means of ministry is through writing. I've been able to publish several religious devotional pieces in magazines and journals.
     The Lord also allowed me to be able to go Bible college and seminary. He also let me earn my degree in history which is a subject I love to study so much.
     When I was in college, I started studying literature, and I decided that I wanted to be a writer. I wanted to be published. The Lord has blessed me in this way. My goal was to be able to be published in one of the literary journals that is sold at Barnes and Noble. I wanted to be able to walk in to the store, find the journal and see my poetry in it. Thanks be to God that that has happened more than once.
     I love music. I had the desire to learn to play Jazz. I bought a trumpet, and I was able to learn how to improvise and play the music I love. I'm not going to be a famous musician by any means, but it was fun to learn and play.
     One thing that I wanted so much starting from the time I was a small boy was a dog who was extraordinarily special. A dog that was a great dog and so much more. Thanks be to God that He brought my friend Toby into my life. He was and is the fulfillment of a dream.  I love dogs, and I may have another some day. However, its hard to think about having another dog because the one I had was so great, no other dog can even come close to him. Another dog would always be second place, and that wouldn't be fair to the other dog.
     I am writing this today just to say thank you to the Lord for allowing me the opportunity to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. I want to say thank you Lord for the blessing. I really appreciate it.
     Sometimes I really get down about life. I have to realize in those times how good the Lord has been to me.

No comments: