Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Book Review and DVD Recommendations

     This week, I want to recommend a book that I am reading again. The name of the book is "Travels With Macy" written by Bruce Fogel. This book recounts the author's trip around America with his dog Macy. Dr. Fogel decides to come to America from England to retrace the route that John Steinbeck took when he traveled around American with his dog Charlie.
     "Travels With Macy" is a well-written book that provides a lot of interesting information about many parts of the United States. I love this book because this is something that I always wanted to do when my friend Toby was alive. We never got the chance to take our big road trip, but I'm happy that Bruce and Macy got to have such a good time. It's really fun reading about their adventure.

    This past week, I finished a 13-part DVD series called, "Rome: The Rise and Fall of An Empire". This series was very well done. There were historical re-enactments that made history really come alive. The professors who were on the DVDs as experts were knowledgeable and excited about the subject. I would definitely recommend this DVD set.

     Finally, I would like to recommend a DVD of one of my favorite movies. "The Bear" is a about a large grizzly bear who takes in an orphan cub. The pair are trying to get away from hunters who are on their trail. This is a beautifully filmed movie that I've watched again and again. 

No comments: