Wednesday, September 25, 2019

DVD Review -- "The Unlikely Leopard"

    For my review today, I would like to tell you about a DVD called, "The Unlikely Leopard" which is produced by National Geographic. This DVD contains two great programs about leopards. The main film is from Derek and Beverly Joubert. They have made a number of outstanding nature programs from Africa. In this program, they bring us exciting moments from a leopard's life in the wilds of Africa.
     There is a bonus film on this DVD entitled "Stalking Leopards" filmed by Kim Wolhuter.  This film features a young male leopard named Tjololo who is trying to make it. He has to face hyenas and other dangers. I remember reading about Tjololo in National Geographic magazine several years ago, so I was pleased to get an opportunity to see this DVD.
     I highly recommend this DVD. The whole project is well done, and the narration is top notch. I believe that Jeremy Irons narrates one film and F. Murray Abraham narrates the other.

No comments: