Saturday, February 29, 2020

Weekend Sermon -- "The Old Order Of Things Has Passed Away"

     Welcome to this week's Weekend Sermon. Thank you for taking the time to read the sermon this week. I hope that everyone is doing well. Thanks be to God for the opportunity to post this message.
     Last week, we finished our series of messages on II Peter. Starting next week, I am going to start a new series of messages based on the first section of the book of Daniel. This week, I want to discuss something different. It is something that I felt that I wanted to post a message about this week.
     In Revelation 21:4 we read, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning, or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  This verse really spoke to me this week as February is a very hard month for me.
     Every year for the last few years I've felt bad when February rolls around. This month holds a lot of bad times for me. It was in February when my Dad had a bad stroke and passed away two weeks later just before his birthday. This is the month when one of my best friends died four years ago. My Dad's birthday and my parent's anniversary are in February, and when these dates come, I miss them very much.
     The world we live in is not in accord with the way that things are supposed to be. The Lord didn't originally design the world to be filled with death, pain, sorrow and disease. Sin entered the world due to the rebellion of people, and with it, those things that are against God came into the world.
     When I read Revelation 21:4, I am reminded of the fact that things will not always be the way that they are right now in this world. Jesus is coming again.
      Sometime in the future, there will come a day when all sorrow, pain and death will cease. That will come about because Jesus will restore all things to the way that they were before sin and evil entered into the world.
     One day, the old order of things will pass away. I love this phrase. When Jesus comes again and restores all things, the ways of this world will be done away with. The earth will operate based on the principles of the Lord Jesus. He will bring about peace, love, joy, justice and goodness upon the earth. And these things will have no end.
     I don't know if you have times throughout the year when you feel especially down because of what has transpired in your life. If you do, I hope that you will take hold of the promise of this verse, that things will not always be like they are right now. There is a new day coming. It will be free from all that is wrong and painful. I know that day is coming, because I believe in the Lord Jesus. He said that He would come again and make everything new. I believe that with everything that is within me.
     The Bible tells us that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us so that we can be with Him forever. Those who are in Christ when they pass from this life will go to be with Jesus immediately. When Jesus comes to establish His kingdom on this earth, those who are with Him in Heaven will come with Him upon His return.
     One of the reasons that there will be no more crying and sorrow when we are with Jesus is that we will be with those who we love for all of eternity. I know that I will see my family members again. They all trusted in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
     Even though many of us face sorrows and hard times on earth now, we can still turn to the Lord Jesus and allow His presence to see us through the difficult times in life. He said that He would never leave us,  and He said that He would never forsake us. This past week, I have felt that the Lord is with me seeing me through the difficult days.
      With Jesus is our lives, all is well and all will be well. One day, all will once again be right with the world. This order of things will pass away. All things will be new. Jesus Christ shall reign. Amen.

Prayer Requests And Other Matters

      The first thing that I want to mention in our prayer requests this week is the coronavirus outbreak. Many countries in the world have a lot of cases of this virus. In my country, the United States, there aren't too many cases right now. We need to all pray that this virus will stop spreading. Pray that those who are sick will recover.
      I want to thank the Lord for allowing the money from writing that I was needing to come through. I also told the Lord when He healed me of vitiligo several years ago that I would make sure to tell people what He did for me. I haven't done that for awhile, and I just wanted to say thank you to the Lord for that again.
     In other matters, I believe that we should all thank the Lord that the fires aren't so bad in Australia right now. We also need to thank the Lord that there was a peace agreement signed in Afghanistan and in Congo.
     Let us keep praying for peace in the troubled areas of the world. Syria definitely needs our prayers. Pray of the Syrian refugees as well. Pray for peace in Libya and Yemen.
     Please pray that the people in Puerto Rico will get the help that they need to recover from the storm and earthquake damage.
     For our prayer focus countries this week, let us pray for those in Jordan and Sudan. Pray that many will come to know of the love of Jesus.
     Next week, we will be starting our series on Daniel. On Monday, I will post the verses. On Wednesday, I hope to post a review. The sermon will be posted on Saturday. May God bless you all. Amen.







No comments: