Wednesday, October 20, 2021

31 Days In Proverbs -- Day 20

      Having a good friend in life is of utmost importance. It's been said that no man is an island, and that is very true. There will come times in your life when you need someone to help you out with something difficult that you are going through. When the hard times come, you don't want to have an unreliable or fair weather friend. Proverbs 18:24 says it this way, "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."

     One of my very good friends passed away about five years ago now. He died of the flu. He was someone that I could rely on when I needed him. If I had car trouble and needed someone to pick me up, he would be there. If I needed someone to talk to, I could call him up. 

     The Lord gave me my good and eternal friend Toby to help me at one of the lowest points in my life. He always wanted to be with me, and we had many great years together going through college and Bible college. He was with me when I started my writing career. The two of us traveled around to many places in the Midwest and West. I know that we will be together again someday. 

     I believe that the friend that sticks closer than a brother mentioned in this Proverb is the Lord Jesus. He will never leave us, and He will never forsake us. No matter what comes at us in this life, He will always be there to help us and give us His peace even in the midst of the storm. 

     I hope that you will trust in Jesus and His friendship. I also hope that you will find friends in this life that will help you when you need help. Also, please be a trustworthy friend to others. There is no more heartbreaking happening than when someone who you thought was your friend turns away when you need them the most. 

No comments: