Saturday, October 30, 2021

31 Days In Proverbs -- Day 30

      You can say that Proverbs 26:17 was the Proverb that started it all for me. I'll tell you why, but first let us find out what this Proverb says. It tells us, "Like someone who takes a passing do by the ears is one who meddles in the quarrel of another."

     When I first read this Proverb, I thought that it was funny. Why would someone unless they were mean grab a dogs ears and pull them? Especially a strange dog. Most dogs I know would bite someone who did something like this.  That's the point. If we involve ourselves in two other people's dispute, they both might end up turning on us. Sometimes it's best to let people handle their own problems unless the Holy Spirit directs us otherwise or if someone is in danger. 

     I said this Proverb started it all because a meditation on this passage of Scripture was the first piece of religious writing that I has accepted for publication that obtained a wide readership. That has been almost 25 years ago. I thank the Lord for the opportunities that He has given me to use my writing to bring honor and glory to His name. 


No comments: