Thursday, March 31, 2022

Book Review

      As most of you who read the blog know, one of my jobs is working as a freelance writer. I've done that since I graduated from college. When I started writing, my friend Toby was an old dog, but we got to spend a couple of great years together. I was at home working on writing, and we could be together all throughout the day. They were two of the best years of my life. 

     The book that I am reviewing today is about a writer who tells us about her dog and about other writers and their dogs. Helen Humphreys is the author of "And A Dog Called Fig". This book deals with the solitude of the writing life, and how a dog can be a great companion in what can be an isolating occupation. The author tells about her first days with a new puppy, and that is an interesting part of the book. What I most enjoyed about this book is the fact that the author tells us about many of the dogs that were part of the lives of other famous authors. 

     This is a well-written book, but it wasn't what I thought it would be. I really don't think this book would be enjoyed by the average person who reads a dog book. It is more of an interest to those who are writers, artists and others who work by themselves. I may be wrong in this, but if you enjoy think that you would enjoy reading about writers and their dogs, this is the book for you. 

No comments: