Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Nice Day

     Saturday was one of the most fun days I've had in many weeks.  At the library where I go each day to work on writing, they had a pet partners day.  Representatives were at the library with their dogs demonstrating and explaining about canine assistance animals and therapy dogs.  There was also a German Shepherd there who works for the Sheriff's Department as a drug dog. 
     The best talk and demonstration was given by two ladies from Canine Companions For Independence.  They had two five month old Labradors with them.  These little guys already knew about twenty different commands.
     While I was at the library, I felt like I was experiencing a little bit of Heaven.  I was surrounded by books, my favorite animals were all over the library, and I was listening to the BBC's presentation of choral evensong from Westminster Abbey on the computer.  What could be nicer?   More days like this, please Lord!

No comments: