Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Review

     Today, I am recommending a book I just finished entitled "Mr. and Mrs. Dog" written by Donald McCaig.  Mr. McCaig is the author of some other excellent dog books that I have enjoyed in the past including "Nop's Trials", "Nop's Hope" and "Eminent Dogs, Dangerous Men".   In his latest book, McCaig tells the story of taking his two border collies to the U.S. National Sheepdog Trials.  One of his dogs qualifies for the U.S. team.  McCaig and his two dogs travel to Wales to take part in the World Championships.  Along the way, McCaig and his canines experience travel difficulties, terrible weather and difficult sheep.  Anyone who loves dogs will enjoy this book.
     At one time, I wanted to have a sheep ranch with some border collies to work the flock.  That is a dream that did not come true.  However, a dream that did come true about dogs was having Toby as my friend.  I wanted to have one truly great dog in my life, and he was the greatest.  

No comments: