Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Thoughts

     Today is Halloween.  This is probably my least favorite day of the year, and a day that leaves me very perplexed as a Christian.  I cannot understand why so many Christian people continue to participate in this day.  The Bible is quite clear that God does not want his people to be involved in spiritism, witchcraft or anything to do with the occult.  However, many Christians still are involved in the activities of Halloween.
      When I was younger, I too went out trick or treating for Halloween.  But one day, I felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit about participating in this obviously pagan and occult day.  Since that time, I have not had anything to do with Halloween. 
       Sadly, Halloween has become increasingly popular in American society as our culture continues to move away from following the path of the Lord.  It is my hope that Christians will be a witness and a light in the darkness and follow the path of the Savior and not pagan rituals.

No comments: