Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Book Review

     The book that I am reviewing today is entitled "The Dog Who Saved Me" written by Susan Wilson.  I know that many people really enjoy the books written by Susan Wilson based around dogs.  I have read one of her books in the past, and I thought that it was OK.  That is my impression of this book as well.
     "The Dog Who Saved Me" centers around a former police officer whose police dog and friend named Argos was killed in the line of duty.  The officer is now working as an animal control officer in the town he grew up in.  He must confront the old hurts of dealing with an alcoholic father and an criminal older brother.
     Much of the book deals with the officer trying to find a rehabilitate a feral dog.  There is also a romantic interest for the officer who is dealing with her own issues of loss.
     As I said, I think that this book is fair.  I would give it a rating of two stars out of four.  The writing is good, and the main story is interesting.  However, I thought that there was too much emphasis on the secondary characters in the book making it too long.  I didn't care too much for the ending either.
     If you like fiction dog books, you may enjoy this work.

No comments: