Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Book Review

     I have to say that most of the books that I have tried to read lately have been terrible.  I don't even want to mention them on the blog because I can't find anything good to say about them at all.
     This has led me to go back and read again some of my favorite books.  The book that I would like to recommend today is a book that I have probably mentioned here on the blog in the past.  However, I really enjoy the book, so it is worth mentioning again.
     "Ella In Europe" written my Michael Konik is the story of a grand trip through Europe that the author made with his dog Ella.  Ella was getting on in years, and the the author wanted to have a special experience with his dog. Unlike here in the United States, dogs are usually welcomed in most places in Europe.  This is especially true in France.  The author knew that he and Ella could experience the vast majority of Europe together.
     The book details the journey of author and dog as they visit France, the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Italy, the Netherlands, and Belgium.  They did indeed have a grand time together.
     Also of interest in the book is the story of how Ella became a therapy dog.  Ella and Michael visited many nursing homes and healthcare facilities bringing joy to the hearts of hundreds of people.
     I highly recommend this book.  It was published in 2005, so it may be out of print.  But many libraries have copies of this book.
   
     P.S.  I am currently reading two new books that are actually good.  I will review them over the next two weeks.

No comments: