Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Book Review -- "Bolt and Keel"

     I love dogs, and I am beginning to love cats just as much. This little book that I am reviewing today is about two cats whose lives are filled with adventure. "Bolt and Keel: The Wild Adventures of Two Rescued Cats" is written by Danielle Gumbley and Kayleen VanderRee. They were leading a group on a camping trip when they found Bolt and Keel abandoned. The animal shelter was closed when they tried to bring the kittens to safety, so they took them along on the cats' first adventure. Since then, these two cats have gone hiking along mountain trails, canoeing and kayaking.
     This is a short book, but there are some very nice pictures of the cats and their people. There are some great pictures of the natural world.
     I think it is great that these cats get to do so many exciting things. Seeing these cats and their adventures reminds me of the first time I saw a cat walk on a leash. I was watching a movie called "Harry and Tonto" starring Art Carney as Harry. Harry had a cat named Tonto who walked on a leash as they traveled around the country. When I first saw that, I thought that that was one of the coolest things I'd seen. I wanted a cat that walked on a leash. Well, that's nothing compared to the cats in this book.
     I know that people who like cats will enjoy this book. You can follow the further adventures of this pair on their Instagram page.

No comments: