Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Book Review -- "Hero: Rescue Mission"

     Today's book is "Hero: Rescue Mission" by Jennifer Li Shotz".  This is the third book in the "Hero" series.  Those of you who read the blog on a regular basis will know that I've read and reviewed the first two books in this series for younger readers.  Both of those were good books, and I liked this one as well.
    In this book, Ben and his retired police dog Hero are facing a truly difficult situation. Ben's Dad, who is a police officer, is missing. He was tracking some escaped convicts, and it is believed that Ben's Dad was captured by them.
    Ben and the members of the police force know that Hero is the best dog to locate Ben's Dad. Ben and Hero set about the task of finding Ben's missing Dad.
    As I said, I enjoyed this book.  The author keeps the action moving, and I like the characters. You do have to recognize when reading this book and the others in the series that the situations described wouldn't happen in real life. However, if you just read and get into the story, you will have a great time experiencing the adventure.
    This book is written for those between roughly the ages of 10 to 14 years old. I like all books about dogs, so I read them anyway. I believe that many adults would like this book as well as younger readers.

No comments: