Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Keeping Cats Indoors

     In my neighborhood today, a cat was badly injured by a car.  When I see this happen, it makes me so sad.  I know that some people think that cats should just be allowed to roam where they wish, but this can lead to many dangers.  Cats that are allowed outdoors have a shorter lifespan than indoor only cats.  Indoor only cats are also much less susceptible to disease.
     I hope that those who have a cat will consider keeping them inside for their safety.  There are outdoor cat habitats that can be purchased that give cats a taste of the outdoors, yet they can't get into trouble by going out in the street. Also, many people have trained their cats to walk on a harness. That is a good way for the cat to get exercise and some fresh air.

No comments: