Thursday, November 30, 2017

Some Important Things to Think About

    Today, I want to post a few verses from the Bible that I believe are relevant to the current situation in my country. I am certain that they apply elsewhere. Please read these verses, and consider what they have to say.

Proverbs 14:31 -- " He who oppresses the poor reproaches his maker, but he who honors Him has mercy on the needy."

I John 3:17 -- "Rich people who see a brother or sister in need yet close their hearts against them, cannot claim that they love God."

Jeremiah 22:3 -- "I, the Lord, command you to do what is just and right. Do not ill treat or oppress foreigners, orphans, or widows: and do not kill innocent people in this holy place."

Zechariah 7:10 -- "Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. Let none of you plan evil in his heart against his brother."

Proverbs 31:8-9 -- "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

No comments: