Sunday, July 26, 2020

Some Thoughts On Sunday

I don't usually post on Sundays, but there are a couple of things on my mind. Before I get to that, I have a prayer request. Please pray that the storms predicted for my area tonight and tomorrow will not be bad and cause flooding. Thank you.

Now, I want to mention two things that are concerning me. First of all, there is the coronavirus pandemic. The number of cases in my area is growing. Why? People will not wear masks, they will not wear masks properly, and they will not even try to practice social distancing.

I had to go to the grocery store and get gas for the car today. Only the clerk at the station had a mask on, and she had her nose sticking out of the mask. There were a group of older motorcyclists in some type of bike club who came in just as I was leaving the station. All of them went inside without masks. At the grocery store, you have to have a mask on to get in. After coming in, some put their masks down around their chins. Employees had their noses outside of the mask .

Please wear a mask properly to stop the spread of the virus. Think about the health and lives of others.

Now, lack of social distancing is contributing to coronavirus spread. Over the Fourth of July weekend, there were several large house parties in my area. No masks, no distancing. Now cases and hospitalizations are growing. People need to put the gatherings and parties on hold for awhile.

We all need to work together to combat this pandemic.

One more item about the coronavirus pandemic. Many of the most anti mask people that I see on Twitter state in their profile that they are Christians. I remind them of Paul's admonition to think of the interests of others and not just your own interests.

I would like to address the issue of the ongoing protests in the United States. Citizens of this country absolutely have the right to peacefully protest. There should not be violence. What is alarming me now is the excessive use of force by law enforcement. This has to stop. Unidentified people dressed in camouflage don't need to he gassing people out on the streets. We need to have an end to the violence and seek constructive solutions to the problems in this country. As Christians, we must always stand for non-violence and justice, and we must stand against racism.

I will post the verses tommorow. God bless you.

No comments: