Monday, August 10, 2020

30 Days 30 Psalms -- Day 4

Psalm 13

Our Psalm for today starts out with a question that I often ask. The writer of Psalm 13 asks, "How long O Lord, will you forget me forever?" I don't know for sure, but I think that just about everyone has asked that question at least once or twice in this life.

I've asked this question in two different circumstances. I asked the Lord how long when I saw my mom suffer from the effects of a bad stroke for five years. She was in a bad way both mentally and physically. I asked the Lord how long she would have to suffer like this.

As, I am writing this, the world is in the midst of a pandemic. I ask the Lord how long He will let this go on. "Will you forget us forever?

I have asked this question when I see the world in the state that it is in. There is an incredible amount of injustice in this world. The strong oppress the weak, and the rich oppress the poor. Many don't have enough to eat, and there are hundreds of thousands of  homeless just in my country alone. How long will the Lord allow this to go on?

None of us know the answers to these questions. I do know that sickness and oppression and war will not last forever. When we pass from this life to the next, we will be with Jesus. When we are with Him, we will be healthy, and we will be holy as He is holy.

One day, the Lord will descend to this Earth from His throne and restore all to the Edenic state. When the Lord reigns, justice will cover the Earth like the waters of the seas. All will be well. Until that day, we must have faith and believe that God is moving everything to the event in history when the restoration of all things will occur. We walk by faith and not by sight.

No comments: