Friday, October 16, 2020

Weekend Sermon -- We Are One In Him

 I thank God for another opportunity to post the sermon. I am glad you've taken the time to read it.

Today, the sermon won't be very long. I believe that the Lord Jesus has placed something in my heart that I am supposed to share. 

There is a lot of discussion over the issue of racism in my country. I want to state unequivocally that there is no place for racism among those who claim to follow Jesus as Lord. Racism is a sin.

The Bible makes it very clear that all people who come to faith in Jesus are a part of the family of God. In Galatians 3:28 we read, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

We are one in Jesus no matter our race, sex, ethnicity or socio-economic class. There is no distinction in Jesus, and we must not discriminate between the members of God's family. 

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is found in Revelation 7:9-17. It is a picture of people worshipping around the throne room in heaven. In the great multitude of people are those from every race and people group from around the world. They are all united in praise of the Lamb upon His throne.

As Christians, our identity is in Christ. He is Lord. We are to follow Him. We are not to divide ourselves along any racial lines. We are to be one and unified in Jesus. 

That is what I have to say, and I hope that those who call themselves Christians will take these words seriously. Amen.

Prayer Requests

Please pray that the strong winds predicted for my area tomorrow will not cause any damage.

Continue to pray for an end to the coronavirus pandemic. Pray that the sick will recover, and pray that a vaccine will be available soon.

Pray that the fires in the US West will be brought under control. 

For our prayer focus countries this week, let us pray for Suriname and Saudi Arabia.

Continue to pray for peace in the world. Let us concentrate our prayers on Yemen this week.

Next week, we will begin a new series on Christian characteristics. I will post the message on Friday with the verses being posted on Monday and a review on Wednesday. May God bless you all.


No comments: