Wednesday, January 14, 2015

An Interesting Book

     I just finished reading an interesting book written by Philip Yancey.  This book is entitled "The Question That Never Goes Away".  In this book, Yancey deals with the question of why terrible and evil things happen in the world.  Yancey discusses the Newtown tragedy, the Indian Ocean tsunami and other events and questions why God would allow such things to occur.  He tries in the book to find the meaning in suffering.  While I might not agree with all that the author concludes in the book, it is an interesting read that I recommend nonetheless. 
     I would also heartily recommend other books written by Philip Yancey including "What's So Amazing About Grace", "The Jesus I Never Knew", "The Bible Jesus Read" and "Soul Survivor".
    Next week, I hope to give a review of really good animal book I am currently reading. 

No comments: