Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thoughts On A Sunday Afternoon

     I just have a couple of things that I would like to mention this afternoon.  First of all, I wanted to clarify something that I said in the sermon posted yesterday.   I did not mean to give the impression that people come to Jesus, and Jesus leaves them in the sinful state in which they came.  Jesus accepts anyone who comes to Him.  That is certainly true.  However, the Lord Jesus then begins the work by the power of the Holy Spirit to transform us into His image.  By the work of the Spirit, we grow in the grace and knowledge of the truth, and we as the followers of Jesus become more and more like our Lord as we obey His commandments and walk in His word.
     Second, I really need the prayers of everyone because I am very nervous about tomorrow.  I just don't feel that I have had the training necessary to move into the next step in this job.  Maybe I'm just being nervous for no reason.  However, I would ask that you all would pray that I will be able to do a good job.  I really want to keep this job so that I can get my debts paid and save enough to start a bigger ministry.  Thank you.  When I post the verse tomorrow, I will report on how things went at work.  Lord Jesus help me.
  

No comments: