Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thirty Years Ago Today

     Thirty years ago today, was a day that changed my life.  That was the day that I met my great friend Toby.  That was the day Jesus gave me a friend forever. 
     I can remember that day like it was yesterday.  It was very icy and snowy outside, and we had a hard time pulling into the driveway of the house where Toby lived at the time. 
     The moment that I saw him, I knew I was going to bring him home.  January 13, 1985 marked the beginning of a great 12 years.  They were the best 12 years of my life. 
     Toby has been gone from this earth for many years now.  But there is not a day that goes by when I don't think about him. 
     Toby and my folks are now in Heaven with Jesus.  I look forward to being reunited with my family again.  That will be a glorious day. 
     Thank you Lord for January 13, 1985 and for bringing Toby and me together.

No comments: