Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book Review and an Update

    The book that I am reviewing today is one that I may have mentioned in the past, but I can't remember if I mentioned it here on the blog or not.  It is definitely worth mentioning again if I did mention it previously.  "I Have Heard You Calling In the Night" written by Thomas Healy is a great book about how a dog can help to bring about a great change in a person's life. 
     When the book begins, Thomas is a heavy drinker and a pretty rough customer.  Then he acquires  a  Doberman puppy, and Thomas' life begins to change.  Thomas names his new dog Martin, and Martin and Thomas quickly bond and form a deep relationship. 
     It doesn't take Thomas long to realize that if he doesn't bring his drinking under control, he won't be able to keep Martin, and Thomas loves Martin too much to let that happen.
    Much of the book details Thomas' battle to overcome his drinking problem with the help that Martin brings along with Thomas' growing religious faith.
     I would definitely recommend this book.  It is a good book about a man and his dog, and it is a good book dealing with how an individual works to overcome a problem.  This book is for older readers only as it deals in detail with adult themes.
   

Update
     My new job is very mind numbing.  While I am very grateful to the Lord for providing me with this job, I have to say that I do not like this job at all.  However, I have to stick with it in order to pay my debts off and get enough money for a larger ministry.  Please pray that I can do well and keep going.

Update 2
     I plan to post the Weekend Sermon on Saturday.  However, snow is expected.  If the weather is very bad, there might not be a sermon this week.  I plan to start a series on I Peter, Lord willing.  I will break from the series every month or so to do some topical sermons.

No comments: