Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Go To Prepare A Place For You.

     During this Holy Week time, I want to reflect on the events in Jesus' life leading up to Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  On the night that He was betrayed by Judas Iscariot, Jesus met with His disciples in the Upper Room to partake of the Passover meal.  At this time, Jesus also taught His disciples many things.  These teachings are found in John chapters 13 through 16, and they are known as the Upper Room Discourse.  A few years ago, I did a series of messages here on the blog about Jesus' teachings in the Upper Room.
     Today, I want to focus on Jesus statement in John 14:1-4 which states, "Let not your hearts be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions:  If it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that where I am, there ye may be also.  And wither I go, ye know the way."
     Jesus loves us, and He wants those who follow Him as Lord to be with Him where He is for all eternity.  Jesus has prepared a place in Heaven for all those who have put their faith and trust in Him and in His finished work on the cross and in His resurrection.
     Those who are in Christ Jesus need not fear death.  The follower of Jesus who dies will immediately go to be in His presence in Heaven and will forever be with the Lord.  When Jesus comes again to rule and reign in righteousness, those who are His followers will be with Him on this renovated earth.
     This gives me great comfort and the ability to face the hardship of each day.  I know that no matter what happens, when this life and its troubles are over, I will be with Jesus forever.  There will be no more pain, crying, sickness or heartache.  All will be well forever in the presence of the risen Lord.
     This statement of Jesus' also give me comfort because I know that those whom I have loved who have left this earth are with Jesus.  I am grateful to the Lord Jesus for the fact that all of the family members and close friends whom I have loved on this earth were followers of Jesus.  I know that my Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and my Uncle Allan are in Heaven with Jesus right now because Jesus has prepared a place for them.  I also believe that my friend Toby is Heaven too.  One day, we will all be reunited and spend eternity together with the Lord Jesus.  This is all possible because Jesus bore our sins on the cross of Calvary.  He took our sins, and He imputed to us His righteousness.  Because Jesus conquered death through His resurrection, all who are in Christ Jesus shall rise again.
     Jesus states clearly in this passage of Scripture that He will return someday.  It doesn't take much research to see that the world in which we live in is growing more and more vile and immoral with each passing day.  Those things that were once clearly regarded as evil are being proclaimed as normal and right.  Disease is rampant around the world, and suffering seems to be increasing.  Wars and rumors of wars span the globe.
     Jesus said that it would be this way before He returned.  No man knows the day or the hour when the Lord will return, but I believe that Jesus could come again at any moment.  What a great day that will be when Jesus returns in power and great glory.  Every eye shall see Him and acknowledge that He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
     When Jesus returns He will judge the living and the dead.  Those who have put their faith and trust in Him will be with Him forever and forever.  Those who have rejected the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus will be condemned forever.
     Are ready to meet the Lord Jesus if He were to come today?  I trust that you are.  If you are unsure, you can trust in Jesus for salvation right now.  Confess your sins and ask Jesus to forgive you.  Believe that Jesus rose again from the dead.  Invite Jesus to be the Lord of your life and commit to follow Him and His ways.
     May God be with you today.  I will post again tomorrow.  Amen.

No comments: