Friday, April 24, 2015

Some Various Thoughts

     As most of you who read this blog regularly know, I am very frightened of severe weather.  They are predicting bad weather in my part of the world tonight.  Please pray that these bad storms do not materialize.  Thank you.
     On another prayer note, I have been thinking a lot about the terrible persecution that many Christians are facing at this time.  Please continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are facing difficult times in Africa, the Middle East and in parts of Asia.  May the message of the love of Jesus reach many in these parts of the world.
     In the next two or three weeks, I have to make some major decisions.  I still have some financial problems to settle, and I need the Lord's wisdom on how to address these matters.  Please pray for me about these matters.
     Over the past few weeks we've had a few different discussions about why bad things happen in the world and why there is suffering.  I've mentioned some books that have been meaningful to me.  I just wanted to clarify that I do not think that anyone has a full understanding of this matter.  There are some matters of faith that are a mystery.  There is no possible way that we can comprehend it.  I believe that in life we have to have faith that Jesus will be with us and that He will help us through life.  We need to cast our cares on Him and keep our focus on Him.  No matter what happens, those of us who are in Christ will be with Him where He is someday.
    I hope that everyone has a good day.  I will post the sermon tomorrow.

No comments: