Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book Review and Program Recommendation

     I want to start today by asking you to pray about the situation with the fires in California.  Pray for the safety of those fighting the fires and those in the path.  Pray that all the fires will be extinguished soon.  Also, please continue to pray for those affected by the hurricanes.

     Last week in the sermon, I mentioned the programs that I like to watch on Nature which airs on PBS.  This past week, they had a very good program on about a little elephant.  I am placing the link on the blog so that you can view the whole episode http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/naledi-one-little-elephant-2/15512/.

     The book that I am reviewing today is a book about horses entitled "The Spirit of the Horse" written by William Shatner.  Mr. Shatner is a well-know horse enthusiast, and  in this book, he tells us about some of his experiences with horses.  In the book, the author also provides several stories about horses both fiction and non-fiction.
     I found the information about Mr. Shatner and horses as well as the other stories very interesting.  I've always loved horses, and I would have loved to have had a horse, but I am more allergic to them than just about anything.  Horses are beautiful animals, and I believe that anyone who loves and appreciates horses will enjoy "The Spirit of the Horse."

No comments: