Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Book Review -- Arthur

     "Arthur" written by Mikael Lindnord tells the story of how a stray dog in Ecuador followed a team of extreme racers through the jungle.  After making it through the jungle with the team led by Lindnord, Mr. Lindnord decides that he wants to adopt Arthur and take him back to Sweden. The book details what Lindnord had to do to get Arthur to Sweden, and then it goes into detail about how Arthur adjusted to life with his new family.
     I liked this book for several reasons. For one thing, it introduced me to a sport that I didn't even know existed. I would never be able to come close to doing it, but it was very interesting reading about it.
     I also liked the fact that the author went all out to help Arthur. After getting Arthur home, the author didn't forget about other dogs that needed help. He established a foundation to assist stray dogs in finding homes.
     I would recommend this book for all those who like dog stories. It is a little slow at first as the author goes into a lot of detail about his sport and the first part of the race before Arthur comes on the scene. I did find this interesting, but readers should know that the story about Arthur himself takes a little while to really get going.
   

No comments: